Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas

consumerism (i God)
consumerism (i God)
by Mike Reed (aka my dad)
(model is my brother)

My house is a mess, my kids are permanently jacked up on sugar and my jeans won't do up - it must be Christmas!  I keep trying to write a post but my eyes glaze over like Christmas ham.  I'm taking a break and will be back in the New Year.

Thanks for reading in 2011 and in particular, thank you very, very much if you took the time to leave a comment, write me an email or even just "like" a post on Facebook.  Stephanie of The Elegant Sufficiency quotes blogger Shuna Fish Lydon:

“We blog, you comment. Your comments are our fuel, our reason to go on posting, our food for blogthought … the salt on our meat, the eggs in our souffles, the chocolate sauce on our ice cream.” 

I know I sometimes suck at replying to comments and emails but they do make blogging so much sweeter and more rewarding.  So please don't ever be shy - even if you completely disagree, your voice is an important part of the conversation.

We have just finalised our Christmas menu today - Sourdough Kitchen croissants for breakfast with Andrew's Choice ham, lots of gorgeous fat prawns, a big free-range pork roast with crispy taters, pumpkin and grilled asparagus, followed by plum pudding with custard and ice cream.  Christmas may be nauseatingly consumerist in the leadup but the day, at least for us, is always such a welcome celebration of fantastic food and family.

See you in 2012!

Lauren

14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Lauren! Your blog is my favorite as it brings some light into my day. May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Get lots of rest and good times! Look forward to more of your blogging in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest and healthiest of holidays, Lauren. Look forward to catching up after the holiday madness is over! I'm thinking another market trip.

    Loved reading your posts this year and getting to know you. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2012. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, thanks for your blog and exposing the burgeoning food scene in the west, especially to newcomers like me. It always reminds me how truly fortunate we are - not just as foodies, but as people who can live and eat as we do.

    Have a safe and happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Lauren...and thank you a quintillion! for all the wonderful posts..love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lauren,
    I love your blog and it warms my heart to think of how far it has come since we shared haleem together :-)
    Your cross-cultural culinary insights and your literary flair make it such a delight to read. Not to mention your contribution in making the West a vibrant and exciting place to be!
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
    Love Miss B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lauren,

    I've been an avid follower of your blog and was so pleased that I had someone documenting the hotbed of foodie activity in the West!

    Have a safe and Merry Christmas!

    Eirene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Lauren!!! Hope to see you in the New Year. The family resemblance is very strong btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the blog. keep blogging. all the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Lauren. I rarely get around to commenting, but always enjoy your posts and we often excitedly try out your recommendations - some of which have become family favourites this year. Looking forward to more in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to continue living vicariously through your taste buds in 2012!! :-) xoxo K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Xmas. Been reading blog for a while but never commented. Envy the eateries available in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Lauren, Love your blog. You are the good queen of the west! Can't wait for more gems from you in 2012. Our Christmas menu was Salt and Pepper Calamari, Naem Khao Tod from the She Simmers blog and Adam D'Sylva's Warm Chicken Salad of Prawns, Chicken and Beans from his Queen Vic Market cooking demonstrations. Andy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lauren

    I love catching up with your posts sadly I dont comment much, but rest assured, many of us just pop in quite often but quietly The West is the such a fertile and exciting region I wish I had time to explore it more often. I shop there for what I cant grow or source here locally t Birregurra... and enjoy such fine treats while doing the rounds thanks to your directions all the very best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! They're what make blogging worthwhile. Unfortunately, the amount of spam I get is obscene and it is so tiresome to have to moderate every comment, so I have had to turn on annoying word verification. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please know how much I love you having your say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails