Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Littlefoot bar - opening this Friday!

What will you be doing this Friday at 4pm?  Herding a snotty gaggle of kids on the way home from school?  Imagining those bubbles popping as you watch the clock creep slowly to knock-off time?  Well, here's what you should be doing - beating down the door of Littlefoot, Footscray's very own bar!

P1130872

I was so very lucky to get invited to the friends and family sneak peek last Friday night.  Now, a bit of a disclaimer - when the Littlefoot journey first began, I didn't know owners Stu and Liana that well, but since then we ended up working together on the new Footscray Food Guide (more about that later) and have hung out quite a bit socially.  So essentially Littlefoot is my friends' bar.

P1130869

When I first walked in, my first thought was, "There's the bar - what will I have?"  Then I stopped myself - "No!" I thought.  "You need to savour this moment.  This is momentous."  But the thing is, Littlefoot just feels so natural, kind of like Guerilla did when they opened at Footscray Market.  Not thirty seconds in, I felt completely at home, and like it had always been a part of the 'scray I so dearly adore.

P1130876

Now, bubbles in hand, let me take you on a little tour.  There's a gorgeous communal or big-group table...

P1130883

...a back room with tables to spread out (love the wall art)...

P1130880

...and these super-cute, ever so slightly seedily sexy booths!  I love them!

P1130894

The opening was a blast with a high-energy gypsy-style band.  There are great beers on tap (including Two Birds' taco beer!) and lots of interesting spirits.

P1130893

The brand-new chef will not be fully ensconced until two weeks or so, but I LOVED one of his creations - nutella injera "pinwheels" with a coconut dipping sauce.  Seriously, these were amazing.  Liana and Stu have a really genuine desire to celebrate Footscray's existing food cultures, and I believe they're going to do it in a non-gimmicky way.

P1130897

Littlefoot's door will be open wide from this Friday 30 January at 4pm.  Be nice the first few weeks as the staff get used to everything, and as I mentioned, the chef will not be firing on all cylinders until a couple of weeks in.  Make sure to like their Facebook page to stay up to date with everything little and footy!

Littlefoot
223 Barkly St, Footscray
9396 1282

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,
    This looks great. Is it in the old Il Paesano shop front?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anon, yes, it is! I love that they have been able to keep the little chained-off area out the front. Sunset drinking! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  2. I was in for the preview and it is the best damn thing to happen in Ole Footy in a verrrry long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colum, we probably rubbed shoulders - quite literally as it was packed in there! Do say g'day if you see me in there and I will do the same.

      Delete

I love getting your comments! They're what make blogging worthwhile. Unfortunately, the amount of spam I get is obscene and it is so tiresome to have to moderate every comment, so I have had to turn on annoying word verification. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please know how much I love you having your say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails